From the fullness of his GRACE we have received one blessing after another. John 1:16

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas, Part I

Wow! I can't believe Christmas has come and gone. On one hand I'm glad it is over but on the other it makes me very sad because I go back to work (part-time) on January 3rd. We had such a wonderful 1st Christmas with our little sweetie. Thursday night we had people over for a little dessert party and got to spend time with the Farrells, Baileys, Pennys and Chase. We hardly ever get to see Josh, Carrie and Chase so it was so great to spend time with them! Eliza-Grace got a fun new book from Auntie Sarah and Uncle Shaun and a cute outfit from her main man Dyer. I failed to even take one picture. Whoops.

Christmas Eve day we stayed home. About 10am Scott and I decided to do Christmas with just the 3 of us. I set up Eliza-Grace's Santa presents and we were ready to go. There is not a whole lot to get an 11 week old for Christmas so her big present was a soft chair from pottery barn kids for her nursery.


Our tree before all the festivities began.


Eliza-Grace and her presents from Santa


She was so smiley after a change of clothes!

Excited about the new soft book that was in her stocking! Doesn't that smile just make your day??

Have no fear, Stella got some presents from Santa too. As I was writing this post she destroyed the rings in the picture.......they lasted a few days which is more than I can say for most of the toys we buy her. She pretty much just gets bones.

We spent the rest of the day cooking homemade mac and cheese and cupcakes. We went to our church's (Pontiac Church) Christmas Eve service that evening and it was such a wonderful service with our church family. Eliza-Grace wanted to be held and moving for most of the service, so I stood in the back and walked around with her. We joined Scott during communion and she finally fell asleep watching the all the candles flicker during silent night. Haha. Afterwards, we went to Scott's parents for dinner and presents. It was a full house and things were crazy so I don't think the camera even made it out of the bag. Scott and I were defiantly spoiled with presents but I think Miss Eliza-Grace had the biggest pile! She got clothes, a swim suit, a tutu and toys! After a great night with Scott's family, we headed home to finish packing for our trip to Little Rock and head to bed.

Christmas Day and the rest of the weekend coming soon......


No comments:

Post a Comment